Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Wallaschek
Since 1st April 2007, Jörg Wallaschek (born 1960) is Head of the Institute of Dynamics and Vibration Research, belonging to the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Leibniz Universität Hannover. Prior to that, he held the chair of Mechatronics and Dynamics at the Universität Paderborn for 15 years and was elected Vice President for research and young academics from 1999 to 2003. Before his professorship, he worked at Daimler Benz AG in the AG Research Center Frankfurt, Germany, being responsible for the group of Vibration Technology. ...more
- Actuators, piezoelectric and ultrasonic technology
- Mechatronics and automotive lighting
- Contact mechanics and elastomer friction
Automotive Lighting and Human Vision, a joint project with Burkard Wördenweber, Peter Boyce and Donald Hoffman, published by Springer-Verlag, 2007
- Technische Mechanik I (2014) and Technische Mechanik II (2015), a joint project with Prof. P. Hagedorn
Professor Wallaschek was PhD supervisor for more than 50 dissertations.
Further Information about the individual dissertations.
Functions in scienctific associations
- Gründungsvorstand des L-LAB ( www.l-lab.de )
- Vorstandsmitglied von OpTechNet e.V. ( http://www.optech-net.de/ )
- Gewähltes Mitglied im Fachbeirat Schwingungstechnik und Aktive Systeme des VDI ( http://www.vdi.de/vdi/organisation/schnellauswahl/fgkf/ekv/organisation/12424/ )
- Steering Committee IWPMA (International Workshop on Piezoelectric Materials and Applications in Actuators)
- International Advisory Board ICE (International Conference on Electroceramics)