The research projects at the Institute of Dynamics and Vibration Research focus on fundamental research (nonlinear dynamics of vibrations caused by friction, modelling of piezoelectric actuators with nonlinear boundary conditions) funded by the German Research Foundation, the European Union and other third parties, as well as on application-oriented research by order of and in cooperation with partners in industry.
At present, the institute is divided into four research groups:
- contact mechanics of elastomers
- dynamics of rotating machinery
- elastomer friction and contact mechanics
- nonlinear structural dynamics
- piezoelectric and ultrasonic technology
For more detailed information, please refer to the research group you are interested in and to our "Annual Reports".